after seeing lots of blog posts, forum posts and bio pages about card boxes, i decided i was NOT going to spend much money. i certaintly wasnt going to buy craft cardboard boxes at $7-$15 each. Mine was fashioned out of a printer paper box. My MIL brings these home from the office for organizing and storage. i wrapped both the bottom and top seperately. I cut a slit centered in the lower half of the lid with a craft knife. to clean up the edges of the slit, i tucked one peice of ribbon in the end of the slit, taped it from the inside and around the top. did the same on the other side. then added a length of ribbon, overlapping the first one above and below the slit. then wrapped the teal ribbon around the bottom lining it up with the top. i simply secured the wrapping paper and tape with simple scotch tape. I cut the word "Cards" out with my cricut and glue-sticked them on. The paper flowers,and rhinestone stickers were left over from my votive holder make over.
COST OF PROJECT: practically free but if i hadnt had the leftovers, would have been like $9
- Paper flowers: leftover from other project, but the entire package was $3.99 at party depot.
- wrapping paper: i think, $2.50 a roll at walmart. i also used it to wrap attenant gifts too.
- ribbon: on sale at michaels for $1/roll. didnt use an entire roll
- tape: was originally 3/$1 at dollar tree.
- lettering: already had the paper in my scrapbook supplies.
- glue stick: idk i had it on hand from way before
- box: free and recycled!