Thursday, November 25, 2010

place cards and labels.

Having 12 children in the wedding, and 11 of them with assigned seating, I decided early on to make name tags for their chairs at the ceremony, so they know, and adults around them know, where they are to sit.

As added incentive, I stapled a dollar bill to each of the children's name tags. I talked about the dollars at the rehearsal dinner and got all the kids excited to have their dollars, IF they behave the next day. All the kids did amazing, also, our photographer knew about the dollars and reminded them when we were taking pictures.
(AnnaLisa showing off her dollar)

The adults also got name tags:I also needed to label the cupcake flavors and coffee/hot water/lemonade/fruit punch etc. I already had the stamps and the ink was left over from my napkin rolls.
I had originally bought a print-your-own invitation kit, but after Staples couldn't print on them, I didn't use them for the invitations.

The invitation cards were a good size for the place cards and other various labels.
The RSVP cards in the kit were perfect size for my cupcake flavors labels. (still looking for a better picture of the labels) They were supposed to be cut in half when used as RSVPs but i found folding them in half worked well for little tent-stands.

I also stamped the note for my signature frame, bathroom door signs, and goodie bags in the same way.


COST OF PROJECT:

  • Invitation kit: Leftover, but was $3.97 on clearance at JoAnn's, envelopes were used for invitations and thank you notes.
  • Stamps: already owned, but were like $5 on clearance at a local scrapbooking store
  • Ink: Leftover from other project, but were $4/pad at JoAnn's and Michaels
  • Dollars: $11 + $1 because my nephew Shua ripped his during the reception and I replaced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment